OPEN MAP
Tree-Pedia: “Highlight a fact”
153 Members icon25 Trees
Objective Grove
We want your opinions, point of views and knowledge to build our participative encyclopedia about forestry related contents.

highlight-a-fact-about-rainforest-s-flowers

Highlight a fact you find interesting about Rainforest's Flowers.
(Please put your first phrase in bold and the rest in normal font). Learn more about the Tree-Pedia.

Related topics: Rainforest, Blossoms

6 Replies, Leave your opinion here...
Leave a comment here...

Amorphophallus Titanum or Titan Arum is one of the tallest flower in the world. It's also known as "corpse flower" or "bunga bangkai". It is because the smell of this flower is almost similar with the smell of decomposing animals. Some Indonesian people have mistaken "bunga bangkai" with raflesia arnoldii and they don't know that the real "bunga bangkai" is different with raflesia arnoldii. This flower is endemic to Sumatran rainforest. But, it has been cultivated around the world.
There is an orchid that represent the face of a monkey. This kind of orchid could be found in Ecuador. (I hope someone who'd be able to give me more information about what species this orchid belongs to be. It's so hard for me to research about it because there are other monkey orchids that I'm not sure that it's the same species with this one. But I think I should share about it here.)

The flowers of venus flaytrap, one of carnivorous plant, is attractive for bugs. It catches animals like arachnids and insects for food.  But, some growers remove the flowering stem early (2–3 inches), as flowering consumes some of the plant's energy, and reduces the rate of trap production. If healthy plants are allowed to flower, successful pollination will result in the production of dozens of small, shiny black seeds.